Need advice on core drill and good quality SDS drill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a trainee plumber and i am starting to pick up a few jobs here and there but i need some good advice on some tools. I am looking for a decent good quality core drill for taking my waste pipes out of the wall and a good hard working SDS drill for all my indoor work, Any helpfull advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am a trainee plumber and i am starting to pick up a few jobs here and there but i need some good advice on some tools. I am looking for a decent good quality core drill for taking my waste pipes out of the wall and a good hard working SDS drill for all my indoor work, Any helpfull advice would be greatly appreciated.

The SDS Pro "grey" drill by Wickes (made by Kress in Germany) . Top quality.

Get a Sparky Core drill from Screwfix.

What should i be looking for in terms of features to ensure i have a good sds drill suitable for my needs ? .

Sponsored Links
if you need it for diamond cores over 2" then there isnt a sds drill on the market that will do the job

i use a makita 8406c core drill and its awesome.very powerful take care with it, or it will give you the biggest smack in the chops you ever had!

its very very robust b ut takes a bit of getting used to btw its 1400 watts.dont confuse it with the cheaper 8406,thats well down on power.

any blue bosch drill will do you fine mate,i got the most powerful one in 110v.

things to look for are rotary stop(for a bit of light chiselling,keyless chuck and sds .also the most powerful one you van afford.
ive used weak drills before and you wonder if there ever going to finish the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back