tile up to or under?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am in the process of installing a new bathroom and at the moment the room is completely bare. I have a choice of whether to lay the ceramic floor tiles first followed by the WC or install the WC and then have the fiddly job of cutting tiles around the pan. What is the standard advice for this type of installation? Please advise - thanks.

Sponsored Links
Make life easy for yourself and tile it first.If the waste pipe is exiting through the wall and not the floor as I suspect then you will avoid all the fiddly cutting around pipes and that's got to be a good thing.If you are worried that the tiles being in contact with the ceramic toilet will chip or crack either one then you could always fit a cut-out of carpet underlay or similar between the two ensuring that it doesn't protrude out the sides or a thick ring of clear silicone will do just as well.Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back