acsess for spark?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my extension is coming on fine(just ordered the roof trusses,i want to know if i lay my caberdec flooring and build partitions how will the spark have acess under floor joists to run his cables under? should i lay the flooring just where the partition sits on?(there will be cables running up the partition too for shower and lights etc) the joists are 150mm and supported by a dwarf wall
thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
from below. ;)

surely you don't intend fitting the ceilings before the 'other' trades have carcassed out?

.....unless you are talking about a suspended timber ground floor :?:

doh :oops:

give the spark and the plumber details of where the intended partitions are likely to be. they can leave extended tails ready for the new walls.

it will be up to you to then cut holes through the sole plate. a lot of cabling will be fed from above anyhow.

fed from above? does that mean i need 2 rip down my existing celing to wire up to my consumer unit? i thought all the cables went under the floor to the consumer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back