fan with dimmer remote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve bought ceiling lamp combined with fan (standard feature), also with the unit providing remote control for fan and dimmer remote control for light.
cieling light has two switches in the room. I have installed fan. It is controlled now from both switches in the room. Remote control does not work. I was told that now need to get rid of second switch on the wall and then remote will be OK. HOW DO I DESTROY SECOND WALL SWITCH? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What you were told is not true. Your light didn't know how many switches there were, and your fan does not know either.

Whether there are 1, 2, or 1000000 switches in the circuit the result is the same as far as the light or fan is concerned - either electricity reaches it or it does not.

If your remote doesn't work then either it, or the fan is faulty, or you've wired it up wrongly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back