chimney breast wall part removal for range cooker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have looked at several postings about chimney breast walls but couldnt find the exact info i require,apologise if this has been answered before.
I want to part remove a chimney breast wall to house a cooker, ie, leaving sides and some brick work at the top.I will be leaving the 1st floor breast wall intact. Could someone please tell me what kind of support i need and where exactly it should be placed.I apologise if this sounds a stupid question but i am no builder.

Sponsored Links
this kind of work will require building control notice. if you plan to do the work your self, ring your local building control office they will best advise you and since you are required to notify them as this work is structual.you might as well take their advise, as if its done incorrectly they will not pass it. meaning no nice little certificate for your HIP should you decide at any stage to sell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back