DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

myson microtimer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacci

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote

had a problem for a few weeks with boiler kettling, (myson apollo 30/50)drained system and put in boiler silencer to no avail, only seemed to do it when boiler first fired up, yesterday got worse but noticed pump not running, checked and no power to pump, so now suspect problem with programmer,
programmer is about 20 years old beige colour 24hr myson microtimer,
tried to get into it, (i,m a time served instrument technician, with years of electrical experience so i,m pretty competent electrically, not going to electrocute myself)
but all i,ve managed to do is remove the battery which has seemingly killed the unit,
seems to be on a back plate of somekind but does not seem to want to come off it.
any advice much appreciated before i take a hammer to it,
ps are the new myson programmers a direct replacement for the older models
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
jacci

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote

jacci wrote:
had a problem for a few weeks with boiler kettling, (myson apollo 30/50)drained system and put in boiler silencer to no avail, only seemed to do it when boiler first fired up, yesterday got worse but noticed pump not running, checked and no power to pump, so now suspect problem with programmer,
programmer is about 20 years old beige colour 24hr myson microtimer,
tried to get into it, (i,m a time served instrument technician, with years of electrical experience so i,m pretty competent electrically, not going to electrocute myself)
but all i,ve managed to do is remove the battery which has seemingly killed the unit,
seems to be on a back plate of somekind but does not seem to want to come off it.
any advice much appreciated before i take a hammer to it,
ps are the new myson programmers a direct replacement for the older models
 Alert Moderators
RobFerguson1

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote

Even though it is 2 years after this original post I thought anyone else with this problem may be interested as Myson no longer supply the manual for the Microtimer and it can not be downloaded.
On the right side of the unit about 1 ins from the top there is a cutout the width of an electrical screwdriver. The back plate "latch" is accessible in this cutout so use something to push it back franctionaly to unlatch it. The timer then slides off the plate to the left.

I only discovered this after wrenching mine off the wall as fortunately it was secured very poorly to the plasterboard.

"Original question was :- myson microtimer, tried to get into it, (i,m a time served instrument technician, with years of electrical experience so i,m pretty competent electrically, not going to electrocute myself)
but all i,ve managed to do is remove the battery which has seemingly killed the unit, seems to be on a back plate of somekind but does not seem to want to come off it. any advice much appreciated before i take a hammer to it, ps are the new myson programmers a direct replacement for the older models[/quote][/quote]
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: