Cheapest place to order bathroom suite online, UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decided to replace bathroom suite, need a 1600 bath, toilet, sink.

Where's the best / cheapest place to order, probably online?

cheers

Sponsored Links
B and Q and Focus suites about £200 if you want something cheap and fair quality. :D

Why is it that when it comes to peoples plumbing and heating they always want the cheapest!
You bath or shower quite a few times a week, its about hygiene, you need heat to keep you and your family warm and you need hot water

These are important things in Life, why do you always want cheap, do you always look for the cheapest holiday, or the cheapest car, or the cheapest clothes,

I doubt it.

Caveat Emptor. The bathroom is a significant chunk of the house, and cheap cheap suites and taps do give a lot of problems.

Do a little research = look at some big-name stuff, and compare with the £200 bathroom suite. See how bendy the bath is, what's supporting it, whether the cistern is vertical, what's inside it, what the taps feel like.

There's some real rubbish out there.

Sponsored Links
I must echo ChrisR's sentiments, "See how bendy the bath is, whats supporting it,"

I sat in A & E one evening with my ex who wasn't very well, when a couple came in with their 10 year old daughter. Poor lass was in the bath, her foot had gone straight through the bottom, and her lower leg had then become trapped. She was unable to remove her leg from the bath, the Fire and Rescue Service had to be called to free her.

She suffered quite severe lacerations to her leg, and was obviously in a great deal of distress. Bath had been recently fitted, supplied by one of the sheds. I dont know the outcome, but for a 10 year old to do this the bath has to have been very poor quality to begin with.

FWIW Screwfix do a budget suite, this has a steel bath. Although im not familiar with this suite, steel has to be superior quality to any cheap plastic rubbish thats out there. Also as Bahco said, the budget B & Q suite is worth a look. The bath is of a reasonable standard, and the W.C. cistern has syphon flush rather than flush valve.

Decided to replace bathroom suite, need a 1600 bath, toilet, sink.
What's your budget? Who's doing the work?

Where's the best / cheapest place to order, probably online?
Let's make this easy for us all. You find the suite you like, at the price you like, post the details here (preferably with URLs), and we'll tell you whether or not it's completely sh1te.

I've fitted 4 of B&Qs Madrid suite and to be honest I've not had any real problems although they are not the best looking but for £300 you cant expect too much. The plug operating mechanism on the sink is badly designed but apart from that its pretty good.

You get what you pay for !!

I would NOT guarantee anything to do with a B&Q suite apart from the pipe work which I supply of course :D

I went to a Madrid suite which had been fitted 1 n half yrs ago,, the taps were shot and need replacing, :rolleyes:

3 of the ones I fitted were still 100% working after 3, 4 and 5 years respectively (4th was a temporary solution which was removed after a few months).

I wont be fitting one in the new house as we want a really nice suite and the existing one is good enough (after being resealed) for now. I'd say it very much depends on why the OP wants the cheapest suite possible. If they are moving and just want something new to tidy up the bathroom or are seriously restricted financially then they should do fine.

Why is it that when it comes to peoples plumbing and heating they always want the cheapest, you bath or shower quite a few times a week, its about hygiene, you need heat to keep you and your family warm and you need hot water these are important things in Life, why do you always want cheap, do you always look for the cheapest holiday, or the cheapest car, or the cheapest clothes, I doubt it.

It is strange how people want to skimp on things like heating.
Landlords especially want a cheap boiler in. Yet when it breaks down
after 2-3 years wonder why? Similarly cheap plastic taps.

try better bathrooms.com. Havn't fitted one of their baths but a few toilets and basins- all seemed fine.

B and Q and Focus suites about £200 if you want something cheap and fair quality. :D
Yeah JT Dove do a really good quality complete suite from £188+ inc, fully plumbed cistern, taps and waste :D .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back