spanner for removing basin waste back nut ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment my job is snagging.

i have had to stripdown and reseal at least 10 basin grating/pop-up-waste and up until now have been using a screwdriver jammed into the overflow (to stop the pop up turning) as i loosen the large backnut using a pair of large foot prints, or water pump pliers.

its a simple enough job , however i was wondering if there was such a thing as a basin back nut spanner or a large box spanner for this purpose?

i am just trying to make life easier for myself.

has anybody else come across this ??

Sponsored Links
never come across anything yet.
as you say i use the screw driver method.

sun-097.gif

mabe i should go on dragons den with this one, there MUST be an alternative to the screwdriver and footprint method?

Sponsored Links
Hi. A few years ago, I have a homemade tool which is a flat steel with 2 steel rod weld to it, it goes in flange inside waste fitting, and a rod through flat steel for handle. ;)

Dan

Hi. A few years ago, I have a homemade tool which is a flat steel with 2 steel rod weld to it, it goes in flange inside waste fitting, and a rod through flat steel for handle. ;)

Dan

nice one dan, i have thought of this, and know that monument tools make one, with twin steel "prongs" to hold the waste -

to be honest i dont have a problem with stopping the trap from spinning, what i am trying to find is another way to tighten/loosen the backnut on the underside of the basin waste.

it would be a spanner that looks somthign like an immersion heater spanner or a large box spanner ???

Well, I use a pump plier with jaw grind off to prevent groove on backnut. I could make one out of steel and weld it to flat piece like imm. heater spanner :LOL: . I'm ok with above, it get the job done.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back