Need advice re concrete and DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Been a while, got my lintel replaced. Oak beam out, new steel in. As you can see in pictures below, I have remove concrete porch floor and 4 inchs of soil and fill in hardcore. Also I found a lead pipe buried about 12 inchs from bottom of old porch step, right in the middle of porch, I have cover it up with soft sand and a few quarry tiles above to protect it.

I am going to lay 2 course of bricks to front and then a DPC then add another course of bricks, then the new door/window frame will sit on it.

The question is, do I lay DPC sheet on top of hardcore or concrete 4 inchs thick and lay DPC sheet on top of concrete? Then a screen will go on top of DPC sheet?

Other question is the inner bricks wall ( next to outer wall, not the wall the old porch door sit ), do I do the same as above ( 2 course, DPC, one course ) or cover the cavity with slates and concrete over inner bricks to outer bricks?

Is there a good website that show how to do it?

Dan.

Sponsored Links
Also I found a lead pipe buried about 12 inchs from bottom of old porch step, right in the middle of porch, I have cover it up with soft sand and a few quarry tiles above to protect it.
You have an ideal opportunity to create a duct for the lead pipe, so that it could be hauled out when you want to replace it with MDPE.

Good thinking, Softus, I can do that before concrete over. Why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

Can anyone give a advice on DPM below or above concrete? :confused:

Thanks

Dan.

Sponsored Links
The DPM goes under the floor slab to not just protect it from damp, but also any possible ground chemicals.

You don't need a screed, just trowel the slab to a smooth finish. Still do the slab 100mm not 150mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back