Roof windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone recommend a supplier for velux or velux type roof Windows. Velux don't seem to make the large size I wanted, approx 1300 X 1000 (or there abouts). The "loft shop" windows come in 1200 X 800

As they will be for an exposed pitched kitchen extension, having remote operation would be good

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is this for a flat or pitch roof ? A pitch roof must have at least 15 degree angle for Velux roof window.

The reason you cannot get bigger window, would mean the whole roof section needing bigger joists and strengthening. Just for a normal size Velux window, the side roof rafter have to be double on both side from ridge to wallplate.

pitch is 22%.

Understand about doubling up on the joists as fitted two in the garage roof recently.

Perhaps i'll need to fit more smaller ones... but that increases the cost.

Any recommendations of suppliers ? London area pref' but I know most companies will deliver.

A roof tiler or some carpenter will do it for you. Can't recommend one for you. If you see one fitted in your area, knock on their door for info etc.....

Sponsored Links
I've got the "builders" in at the moment. The original plans did not include roof windows so is not included in the price and I decided I need them. The builders will fit them but I want to source them, as if let to the builders, they will add their "bit" on top - and we don't want that, do we :LOL:

Just need some recommeded suppliers

thanks

Any good Builders Merchants will stock Velux windows and also the usual suspects like Wickes and B & Q. You could also try your local Roofing Merchants , Burton Roofing or Asphaltic have branches nationwide.

Found some, 1340 wide X 980 high, just over 400 quid for two, including flashing. Not bad I thought. from the Loft Shop, as it happens, just round the corner from me...

thanks for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back