New Carpet Fitted Most Of Skirting Got Damaged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had new carpet fitted in 3 rooms, Ive noticed that in fitting it they have managed to damage pretty much most of the skirting where just above the carpet line looks like scrapping marks and requires repainting would you expect this or would be it be due to poor fitting ? All the skirting had been repainted before the carpet were fitted. :confused:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would expect a small amount of damage, an odd scratch here or there but nothing on the scale you are describing.

I would ask them to come back and get their thoughts on it.

How much did you pay & how long did it take them? The poor pay in carpet fitting means they are nearly always in a rush to get the job finished & on to the next one, especially for the cheaper end of the market(in our area anyway). It does not surprise me you have had the resulting damaged skirtings from when thay have driven the carpet down on to the gripper. Just as an aside, were the skirtings painted properly? Can you chip it with your finger nail?

One other factor... If you paint the skirting board PRIOR to getting the carpet fitting, you really need to leave enough time for the paint to harden otherwise it is susceptible to being damaged. I would usually give it a week after the last bit is painted... Just a thought...

Sponsored Links
I think it is pretty much expected to get damage on paint work if your having a carpet fitted. Put some masking tape down before you paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back