Intermittent Hot Water Alpha CB28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Alpha CB28. 5 Years old. Last year DHW started to get intermittent. With CH on, open hot tap – the water would run hot then go cold. Sometimes the water would not run hot at all. Changed the DWH sensor (fig 25, page 25 in manual) all fine till this year and it appears the problem has returned.

What do the experts think, time for another sensor, (are they that short lived!) or flow switch (fig 23) or maybe DHW flow valve diaphragm (fig 27).
Opening several hot taps and using the reset sometimes works.

Sponsored Links
All 3 parts could be tested so no need for guessing!

Sponsored Links
How do I go about testing 3 three parts to isolate the root cause Rob?

The instruction manual is not that helpful to pinpoint the exact cause. I have read through the history of similar probs but none seem to be the same as mine. e.g. the intermittent hot water is independant of CH being selected.

It also seems to be sensitive to the temperature selected, turning the DHW selector to max and selecting reset can obtain hot water.

What is the real pain is that it will go for days behaving perfectly, then reappear, then work fine again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back