Extending a ring with a spur - pic included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys. This s/o is the only one in a large bedroom. I want to extend the ring (by cripming) to 2 other s/o's on the opposite wall. As the floor is laminate i will need to go into the loft and down the side of a chimney- breast in trunking. The added complication is the cable shown right, which is a spur for a central heating boiler.
What is the best way to accomplish the aim? I want to keep the original s/o in situ.
What would be easy for me is to take a radial from the CU to the new s/o's but I don't have any spare ways? Would anyone put the conductors into an existing MCB along with another circuit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi
how about fitting two sockets side-by side in the picture. you would then split the ring there.
this would leave you with a red/black in one and a red/black-brown/blue in the other.
you could then run one cable from each new socket up and over to the other side of the room effectively closing the ring over there....

trust me crimps suck, only to be used in the direst of emergencies :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back