Help fitting quadrant shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a 900mm quadrant from wickes today for £199.

I need to build a platform to raise the tray in order to run pipework as well as make a partition to allow me to run the pipes for my thermostatic shower. BTW waste will run 65" along the wall before going into stack.

1. What size timber do i need for the base, 4"x3" or 3"x2"? or bigger
2. Do I need to tile before fitting enclosure or after?
3. Whats the best way to construct the base to allow the waste pipe to be accesible?
4. Also as its on the end, I wont be able to put any supporting timber there, will this affect stability?
5. Will be be ok to contruct straight on top of floorboards?

Here is a picture of the tray to show waste position

199708-ab0-00co_full.jpg

Many thanks in advance for any help received

Sponsored Links
4 x 2 with 18mm ply on top.
tile before enclosure.
the waste will be at the front corner so will be accessible
it will be on a 18mm ply sheet that won't give.
yes onto floor or if your tiling the rest of the floor you'll need to ply the floor anyway.

4 x 2 with 18mm ply on top.
tile before enclosure.
the waste will be at the front corner so will be accessible
it will be on a 18mm ply sheet that won't give.
yes onto floor or if your tiling the rest of the floor you'll need to ply the floor anyway.

So Im ok not supporting the front corner but making sure the ply is fully underneath it?

Dont think flooring is going to be tiled so will secure it straight onto floor boards

At what centre's should the supporting frame be?

Should 4" be lying down or upright?

cant you place the tray without a frame..just 18mm ply straight onto the floorboards Cuttout for the waste...waste then goes under the floorboards and out through the wall

Sponsored Links
I don't know how anyone can claim to know that your floor will be stable without recommending that you screw down all loose floorboards.

I recommend that you screw down all loose floorboards.

I don't know how anyone can claim to know that your tray will be stable without knowing its construction.

What is the tray made of?

space them out at approx 300m centres with noggins in between to hold it together. covered by 18mm ply.

don't matter what your trays made of it will be stable on a solid wood base. if secured to base by mi

your the one gobbing off about making it stable so i take it you have abit of trouble with them.
can't see why as they come with simple step by step easy to follow instructions.

sad-026.gif

i take it you have abit of trouble with them.
You take it wrongly.

If you continue to have trouble reading the words in my posts without making wild assumptions, then I suggest that you just avoid reading them.

i couldn't give jack sh*t about you or your posts.
your the one saying
I don't know how anyone can claim to know that your tray will be stable without knowing its construction.

whats the construction of the tray got to do with anything ?
if the base is solid built and the tray secured to the base right it will not move.

if your not sure on how to do something yourself through lack of experience or knowledge then leave to the people that do. rather than give your bad ideas that have failed on your own diy cock ups.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back