Lightweight Blocks

ESA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do these cost more than normal weight blocks ?

I need 3750 blocks and can find normal weight at 52p each and lightweight at 81p each. I would like to get light weight as they are easier to lay but quite a price diff.

Sponsored Links
Why does an Aero cost the same as a Mars bar, and why do Malteasers cost the same as Revels?

Rhetorical question

Get some 3N lightweight concrete - these will be the same weight as aerated blocks but cheaper - and the mortar sticks better too.

Is the price I have sourced for the 7N block cheap ?

How much can i expect to pay for the 3N blocks. Can they be used for internal and external leaf - external being rendered and dashed to match original afterwards ?

Sponsored Links
Those prices are about right.

Yes you can use lightweight concrete for internal and external - they are the same strength etc as standard aerated blocks.

The only possible problem, is you may have to source these from a particular merchant, as some may not stock them. Specifically ask for lightweight concrete, not just lightweight blocks. And some manufactures lightweight blocks are lighter than others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back