Replacing an MDPE Stop Cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, as title says, need to change this type of stopcock, just after a bit of advice!

Obviously isolate the water into the house from the main stopcock, are these just push fit? I assume I dont need to use and sealing compounds, tape etc? Just ensure I use the insert thing?

The stopcock comes into the house through what looks like a short piece of guttering downpipe, with not much room for manouvering! Will the new one push onto the rising main into the house easily? obviously there will be a bit of flex in the pipe, and wont be that easy to get a hand on it to apply upward pressure.

Look forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The new one going on is a push fit, cant be certain about the one coming off but there is not a compression nut on it so assume it is.

Any more thoughts or advice with this one guys?

Dont want to remove the old one and have a problem fitting the new one.

Am I right in assuming that as there is no compression nuts on the existing one it must be a push fit?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify the type of stop cock is blue and black plastic, not a metal/brass type

If the old one is push fit you have to cut if off, which will leave the pipe short, also you need an MDPE to copper adapter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back