Combi Boiler and Thermostatic Mixer Shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester combi boiler and a good water pressure.

the water preasure and flow rate are such that when the upstairs bath hot tap is turned on full the water flow rate is such that once the mini hot resevoir within the boiler is used up the water starts to cool off considerably and the flow rate needs to be backed off to achieve a hot flow again.

My question is this - if i fit a thermostatic mixer shower how does the mechanical mixing in this shower deal with the fact that the hot water temperature into it will drop if it is opened up to full flow or is this something that is going to cause me problems.

do i need to fit some kind of flow regulator or restrictor to the hot inlet that will prevent the shower from drawing too fast from the hot suply that the temperature goes cold and confuses the mixing mechanism...

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it? Unless its the 440 I would say you have a possible diaphragm/diverter valve fault.

its a heatslave 15/19

i thought it was normal if you ran water through a combi at too high a flow rate the boiler cannot keep up and the resulting temperature drops ???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back