How much/long to fit an Interior Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at replacing my interior doors (7 in total), as most are badly warped and don't close properly. What is reasonable time an experienced joiner would take to fit a new door including cutting it to size and fitting locks, handles, etc. Also what is a reasoanble hourly rate to be paying for this type of work?

Sponsored Links
i have hung 8 in one day once, but this was a one-off.

some door suppliers charge a set fee of £30 per door.

some factors to consider:

access, whether upstairs or down, condition of existing casings/linings, having somewhere to plane the doors, carpets, furniture, amount of ironmongery, etc etc.

I’m no chippy but I did manage an 'O' level in woodwork & my parents had that cofee table in prime position in their lounge for another 30 years :D I couldn’t match noseall’s 8 in a day but I reakon I could do 4/5. On that basis, it’s going to be 1 ½ - 2 days work but you’ll get charged for 2 days as he's not going to go to another job at 2PM is he!I reakon if you’ve been quoted between £250 - £300 it’s about right but that would not include fittings or if radical re-work was required to the casings.

Sponsored Links
the most ive manage to swing in 1 day,thats shooting them in ready for fitting the ironmongery the next day is 12 nice big empty house so i could make as much mess as i liked,but that was the light weight pine doors,some virtually fell in the openings and others needed a shed load of planing done to them.when it comes to fire doors A LOT LESS ;), the costings all come down to the area you live in i suppose i know chippys to charge as much as 60 quid a door,obviously depends on the ammount of doors to hang,but i would amagine in the region of 30-40 quid a door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back