Radiators HOT upstairs, COLD Downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a towel rail in the bathroom upstairs, drained the system to do that, and now filled system back up after doing so.

as subject the downstairs radiators are all cold and the upstairs are all hot.

I have bled all radiators downstairs till water comes out, and same upstairs till water comes out.

What do i do from here?

pump is operating fine on all 3 of its speeds, but does sound like air in system as it makes a fizzing sound every few seconds, and water isnt constant when i unscrew the screw on front of pump

Sponsored Links
after turning ones off upstairs and forcing heat downstairs that did work however heat didnt get to the radiator that i have bene using to connect hose pipe to when i originally drained the system. that radiator at the bottom of the stars stayed cold.

U may have an airlock...turn off all the rads..then turn one on at a time to force water thru.
Then turn off boiler and bleed that rad...turn it off and move to next.
(just do it to the rads that arent heating and it may solve the prob)
Other than that it may be your pump but i guess the problem started after u fitted the towel rail
marty

cheers marty c i shall try that when i finish work today.

when i turned the radiators of upstairs it did make all radiators downstairs go hot, apart from the one i used to drain system, that stayed cold, but theres wate rin it when i bled it.

will try ur method later and let u know what happens

i think i need to drain the system again anyway as theres a slight leak on the valve of the new radiator upstairs, if this is the case can somebody give me the best method on how to refil my system without getting an airlock ?

Sponsored Links
ok, after bleeding the system i have all air out of the system, and its running how it was before iadded the towel rail

id like the downstairs radiators to get as hot as the ones upstairs, unfortunatley ive tired and tried but nothingi do can achieve this.

turning the pump onto setting 3 just makes hot water to fill into the header tank,.

can i add anything into my system to allow the water to heat downstairs radiators if there is crap in the radiators?

cheers kev plumb, i have just turned all the radiators upstairs that are hot, down.
will see if that forces some more circulation downstairs,

OK What system are you running.Y.S.OR W PLAN?
DID YOU OPEN DIV VALVES TO MANUAL OR LEFT THEM ON AUTO DURING DRAIN DOWN? :evil:

i dont know what system i have. It has a valve that has a cover on it that has philips head on top of it. Then other side it has the + and - valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back