Combi Boiler - Mixer shower ? 1 and 1 needing advise please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi Vokera Excell 80SP heating my running water and radiators water also mixer shower valve. I am having some probs, first the boiler being doing this over the last month but more common now. Before constant hot water now hot for 1 min then cold for one minute. Now the Shower. Mixer valve feeding the hot and cold water together regulating temp with the valve. before the boiler prob it was hard in controlling the same temp varying all the time. Any help on these ? before i call the man to fix so i have an idea what is going on before the work.

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
sorry did not fully understand is it only having a problem whilst using the shower or is it when using taps aswell

Sorry about the technical side. Before, if i used the taps hot water only this was not a problem water never went cold but now it does it seems to go hot for a min then the heating cuts out for a min the starts again. Before it never did this. As for the shower this has always been the same. when i installed it. Hard to control the temp but now it does the same has when running the hot water tap. I hope this helps a little more.

Sponsored Links
For some reason the plate heat exchangers very rarely seem to block on your boiler.

Much more comon is the DHW flow switch does not make reliably.

However that can be easily checked visually by watching the fulcrum arm to see if it moves firmly and stays in position.

Tony

Thanks lads for your thoughts. I have the boiler manual and will take the cover off to see what is going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back