Urgent Tyrolean help

M

mick_b

Hello all,

I found a few threads on this forum via google and im glad because this appears to be the place for the right answers :)

Firstly I have purchased a tyrolean gun from screwfix and would like to warn everybody not to do the same, its too flimsy and the handle bushes are worthless. I have used it for 10 minutes and its already falling apart.

The one available for hire at jewsons (£15.00 pw) is far better and at the price its not worth looking elsewhere.

However I have had a nightmare trying to find tyrolean mix in stock within a 20 mile radius of 'north london e4' and i must start tomorrow without fail. I have found 2 products - blue circle renderdash @ £25.00 per 25kg and Cullamix tyrolean render @ £12.00 per 25kg. Guess which brand I would prefer ;)

Unless someone can come up with a stockist locally that actually has this product in stock can someone advise the correct materials and ratios ?
I have spent over 2 hours phoning merchants and it appears that no one requests these mixes anymore.

Any help would be great,

Regards

Mick

p.s. I have tried a building sand and opc mix with limited success, thats why I want the cullamix pack

Sponsored Links
mick_b said:
However I have had a nightmare trying to find tyrolean mix in stock within a 20 mile radius of 'north london e4'
Is Beckton, London near you?

Masona,

Yes Beckton is a 15-20 minute trip down the a406.
Which builders merchant are you referring to ?

Cheers

Mick

Sponsored Links
I phoned them today and they are out of stock :(
I may try again tomorrow as the manufacturer of this product claimed sheffins were the biggest stockist.

Travis perkins in wandsworth have blue circle renderdash but its twice the price and I have over 100 sq mtrs to coat ! 1 bag = 5 sq mtrs at aprox 5mm.

Thanks for your help,

Mick

Phoned sheffins this morning and they confirmed that I am quite simply not going to find this product in stock anywhere because the manufacturer will only sell a 1 tonne pallet at a time.

On that basis im going to hire the 'proper' gun from jewsons and try knocking up my own mix with render sand and cement.

The moral of this story is dont get too excited when you find the perfect product for a job :cry:

Mick

mick_b said:
Phoned sheffins this morning and they confirmed that I am quite simply not going to find this product in stock anywhere because the manufacturer will only sell a 1 tonne pallet at a time.
What a shame, I work it out you need approx' 1/2 a ton, be nice if you know someone else need 1/2 a ton as well to share the cost.

Thought I would share this with others,

Completely gave up on the srewfix gun and hired the jewsons gun, wow what a huge difference ! This gun puts up with any type of mix and gives an even spray all of the time, ive just been practising on a wall with standard 4-1 builders mix.

Im going to use normal soft sand with white cement and probably make it a sloppy mix, the gun is heavy when its half full and my arm will probably be knackered by the time the walls are coated.

Screwfix are normally really good and I feel they have overlooked the quality of their gun, they have agreed to collect it on friday and reimburse.

Mick

p.s. masona you are right, i need half a tonne for a 5mm cover.

mick_b said:
the gun is heavy when its half full and my arm will probably be knackered by the time the walls are coated.
You would've thought some sort of body harness or neck & belt holder to take the weight etc...

mick_b";p="72252 said:
Hello all,

I found a few threads on this forum via google and im glad because this appears to be the place for the right answers :)

Firstly I have purchased a tyrolean gun from screwfix and would like to warn everybody not to do the same, its too flimsy and the handle bushes are worthless. I have used it for 10 minutes and its already falling apart.

The one available for hire at jewsons (£15.00 pw) is far better and at the price its not worth looking elsewhere.

However I have had a nightmare trying to find tyrolean mix in stock within a 20 mile radius of 'north london e4' and i must start tomorrow without fail. I have found 2 products - blue circle renderdash @ £25.00 per 25kg and Cullamix tyrolean render @ £12.00 per 25kg. Guess which brand I would prefer ;)

Unless someone can come up with a stockist locally that actually has this product in stock can someone advise the correct materials and ratios ?
I have spent over 2 hours phoning merchants and it appears that no one requests these mixes anymore.

Any help would be great,

Regards

Mick

p.s. I have tried a building sand and opc mix with limited success, thats why I want the cullamix pack[/
you can buy a tyrolean gun from first hire for 31.62 inc vat not worth paying hire, I have used a fine sharp sand and cement mix 3-1 and quite runny but you do have to paint it afterwards, the tiny blobs made by the gun increase in size the more you go over the area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back