cold water tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes:
am trying to boost my hot & cold water supplies to a new ensuite bathroom and have bought pump that looks like it could boost water to the moon, certainly cost enough,however problem is I can't fit it straight off the main CWS, but I have no cold water tank, only one that feeds the gas central heating header tank and the immersion heater which is also a heat exchanger for the central heating.

It looks like every cold water tap in my house comes straight off the mains

Any suggestions ???

Sponsored Links
Cheers fast answer

yes I can do that, thing is cold water pressure is also abit naff, takes about half an hour to fill the bath, what would happen if I did fit the pump to the mains supply ??

the water supplier would go spare :eek: :eek: its illegal

only one that feeds the gas central heating header tank and the immersion heater which is also a heat exchanger for the central heating.

take a tapping off the header tank to the pump and from the cylinder to the pump and feed the bathroom h+c via the pump assuming twin impeller

if the tank is big enough :idea: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev,,did think there would be regs someone, the installation booklet with the pump kept putting in big red letters do not fit to mains !!!!
will give your suggestion a go, the tank looks fairly big its about 23"x 20"x20" but how many gallons it holds???
think I need to put this project in the DIY disaster page :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back