additional radiator - some are warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a new CH system installed about 4 weeks ago, 9 radiators in total - last week once the bathroom was remodelled, an additional radiator was added - since weekend noticed 2 of the radiators (downstairs) are warm not hot like the others, the new radiator in the bathroom is hot.

I have bleed system to ensure to air, what else can I try.

Sponsored Links
Balance the rads :)

To sound utterly thick, how does one balance the system, is it straight forward

this is the info I have from the invoice

all Radirators have thermostatic valves

the two radiators that are warm, used to be hot before , since additional radiator installed noticed the radiators are warm.

The boiler is a combi Rehema one.

You've got the TRV on one end of the rad, and a lockshield on the other. Normally when installing a system, it will be balanced by either opening or closing these 'lockshields' to restrict or allow more water to pass through. Although I have NEVER seen it done, what you should do is measure the temp between the flow into a rad and the return out of it - there should be a 10 degree difference. Measuring is done with either a laser thermometer, or two strap gauges attached to the flow and return pipes going into and out of the rad.The way that you could do it is, the rads on the system closest to the boiler have the lockshields turned down, but not off, gradually opening the lockshields the further you get from the boiler. It would be handy if you knew the layout of your system i.e. where your pipes run, this will make balancing easier. :)

Sponsored Links
thanks for the info, also noticed the pipe coming into the radiator that is warm, the pipe isnt hot like the other radiators.

just to clarify the pipe into the TRV is the input pipe and the pipe going out thru the LockShield is the output

also fro reading about balancing, it states the difference should be 10 degrees, not to sound thick, does that mean temp on the output pipe should be 10 degrees higher than the input pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back