HEATLINE VIZO 24 Central Heating Not Working Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Heatline Vizo 24 which is 14 months old, no problems until this morning when my central heating just died? No strange noises, no leaks? My DHW is working fine, I have tried a 'reset' every other combinations of heating settings but there is no ignition/fan/pump it all seems dead? On the front of the control panel the red temperature leds were illuminated from the last time the heating was on (about 12 hrs ago) but have taken all day to slowly one by one go out to show the drop in CH temp, which I'm sure should go down a lot quicker than that. So please if someone has an inklin' about what this could be or have had similar problems/remedy I would be very grateful! Many thanks Chris

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the DHW demand switch is jammed on ???

After leaving the boiler unused for an hour or so is the inside warm???

Does it fire up for a few seconds every 15-20 minutes?

Tony

Hi Tony thanks for your reply, no its totally dead on the c/h side, dhw perfect but not a thing when switched to c/h manually or by the timer it only fires up when theres a dhw demand thanks Chris

When you turn on a hot tap does a light come on on the control panel?

And more important does it go out when the tap is turned off?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Three likely things it could be:

1. The clock in the front has died (or an external controls like a room stat)
2. The dv motor has died and is stuck in the hot water only mode
3. You have a leak on you hot water and the boiler is always think there a tap running (I have seen it before)

Now number three is easy as all you need to do is turn the cold water off too the boiler, it should be a blue knob under the boiler second from the right and see if your heating comes on. Number 1 and 2 are going to need some one that know what he is doing

Hi Mehran thanks for your reply, theres no leak but i thought the clock too because the manual overide is on that too, its still turning round with the time. If its the dv motor would there be any visible signs inside the unit? On my old boiler i changed the water pump with no probs, would the dv motor be any easier/ harder to do and I dont suppose you have a rough idea on price?
many thanks Chris

Hi Tony, the only lights on the panel come on to show temp, they seem to be fine, cheers Chris

:D :D :D :D ITS FIXED!!! It was the timer, took it to bits and bent the plastic arm closer to the trip switch and HEY PRESTO!!! It must have been strained over time! Just like to say thanks to you 2 Guys for your help!! Take care and many thanks again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back