loft convertion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i am looking for help to do my loft basically i am taring to make the storage space in there but trying to do a good job. may in future i convert in to a bed room. i know what to do but i am not sure what kind of rsj should be put up.
like wide hight and the wirth looking for some expert advice the loft hight is about 2.5 meter and wide is 3 meter
thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just rubbed the old crystal ball, and it says

5, 12,18, 35, 41 and 47 for the lottery tomorrow
"Cloudy Lane" in the 3:30 at Doncaster 12/4/08
254 x 146 x 37 kg/m UB for the loft
and Italy for the Euro Championships this summer

thanks woody

good luck for tomorrow lottery thanks i will be putting all the details in near future.
will be keep up date the forum for the advice sorry about my english not my first langauge. have a nice week end cheers.

kurram, woody had no bones about your grammar, just needs more info' regards structural elements.

the description or works is too vague.

Sponsored Links
hello noseall
thanks for reply i was just busy last night. i am uploading some pic in my album.you can have a look and suggest me please. also here are the measurement
wide 3.6m
length 5.5m
height 3m
t

:LOL:

The first thing you need to do is pay £150 and get the building inspector to come and assess your 'plans'...that you have had drawn up by the qualified STRUCTURAL ENGINEER.

he will then look at the plans and speak to you about the intended work.

If you are simply wanting to use the loft for storing stuff (very big difference from a room someone can live in) then you need to take some pictures of the joists in the loft (above the lower rooms ceilings)

or measure them and post the sizes. Also post the distance from the supporting wall in the middle of the loft to each side of the loft (the outer wall).

Unless, you are planning to make a room for people to live in up there....and if so, no offence, but you do not sounds able to take on ajob of such fundamental (to the structure and VALUE) importance to the house.

No one on this forum could tell you what RSJ to use and where by looking at a couple of badly angled photos of the loft.

You need the plans of the house also

The first thing you need to do is pay £150 and get the building inspector to come and assess your 'plans'...that you have had drawn up by the qualified STRUCTURAL ENGINEER.
You don't need an SE to do the drawings, a CAD monkey or plan drawer can do those, the SE only needs to do the structural design for him to stick on the drawings - we are expensive for general plans (but some of us can do nice ones :)).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back