Problem with Devi undertile heating in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help with ideas on what has 'gone wrong' with my bathroom Devi undertile heating. This was installed about 5 years ago, and has worked fine all that time. A couple of weeks ago, the floor was cold, but the Devireg 550 controller was still on and showing all the correct info - time, temp, element on etc. I checked all the connections, resistance etc. and could find no faults. Then a day or two later, the floor warmed up again okay. Now, the same thing has happened again. The system has a floor sensor and the wall thermostat/controller. Is it likely that one of these is becoming faulty?

Any help appreciated!

:(

Sponsored Links
You'll need a multimeter or a proper voltage indicator (NOT a neon screwdriver)

Check the output of the controller when the floor is supposed to be on but is not heating. Do you get a voltage:
If no then you have a problem with the controller, the probe or the input supply
If yes then you may have a problem with the heating element. Turn off the power, remove the two cables that go to the heating element and measure the resistance in ohms of the heating mat.
If you get no reading then you may be in for a floor relaying. If you do geta reading then compare this with the value taken when the floor was laid.

Thanks for your response TTC. It seems that the floor heats up okay one day and not the next. I'll just have to catch it to test when it isn't heating, as you suggested.

The thermostat/controller would be by far the easiest to replace, so I hope it's that rather than the floor sensor. Certainly something is going wrong!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back