Is my grass dead?? Pictures now work

mpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya folks

This time last year I returfed my garden after putting 10 ton of top soil down.

We did some building work over the winter which we have pretty much finished and have started to do a proper clean up.

However we have some plant/weed growth in our grass pics below what are they??

And some of the grass was coverd with building debris/plasterboard stuff like that>pics below

will these bare bits come back its a little annoying as last year the grass looked really good and needed mowing 3-4 times a week.[/img]

Sponsored Links
no grass wont grow back in the area where its been covered by debris for a long time. You need to re turf the area.

no grass wont grow back in the area where its been covered by debris for a long time. You need to re turf the area.

Cheers Thermo

Not the answer I was hopeing for but You live and learn.

As its a little patchy do i returf or plant some seed

Again cheers to both of you

Sponsored Links
Either will do, it just depends how long you can wait as seeding will take longer to achieve results than laying turf.

In either case give the patch a thorough clean up of any debris and stones, break up and rake the surface until you've produced a nice tilth (adding topsoil if necessary) then either sow seed if you can handle waiting a while or alternatively lay some turf. Make sure the turf doesn't dry out but don't overwater at the same time. Depending how readily the turf takes it should be ready to be walked on in 4-6 weeks. Err on the side of caution with your timings though where possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back