Uprading memory to Dell laptop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Dell Inspiron laptop for about four years. It has been extremely reliable piece of kit and I am looking to instal a larger memory - currently 512Mb. I hear that Crucial are well reputed in this area. The two pieces are 1Gb each and together will cost around £95 from Crucial. I was rather expecting to find that Dell's equivalent would be substantially dearer; it is not, they charge £34 for each piece. Any advice on which way to go on this purchase? Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
If it's cheaper to buy direct from Dell, then I'd go with that. I upgraded mine recently, but I got my RAM from a local computer shop and it was a very reasonable price.

The benefits of getting from Dell is that it should (I said should!!) be the correct piece of kit for your machine.

Thanks, Allison. I think I will take the Dell route as it seems the easiest. Due to exorbitant rents (NW London) many computer shops have gone mammaries-skywards, so that's less of an option. Friends tell me that using the Crucial selector tool seems to eliminate the likelihood of purchasing incompatible memory. Guess I won't be finding out now, in anycase. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back