Problems with electric shower after utility disconnections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our local water authority has cut of the mains supply several times in the last few months to fix a major leak. Every time they have, we have experienced fitful (fizzing) operation of our Mira shower on reconnection. The water coming out is full of air and it takes several days to 'bleed' the system through the shower head. This time, the thermal cut-out has tripped and I'm assuming that the heating chamber has collected air directly below the sensor. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a 'bleed' nut to release any trapped air at the top of the chamber. Any ideas? - rotating the shower is not practical given the connections.

Sponsored Links
is it electric as in mains fed and heated up in the unit ?

or is at a pump unit ?

the first is mains fed and you should be getting the problem you described.

the second is fed from tanked

HI Thanks for taking an interest.

The electric shower is a Miralec Suprime 8.5kW instanteous shower fed from the mains water supply. We have about 1.5bar here and has worked without fault all this time. The shower is 15years old so does not owe me much, however if I replace it, I can see the same problem recurring. That does give shivers !!
seismic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back