Garage Building - possible -garage conversion/bedroom exts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys/ladies,

I own a three bedroom end terrace property which I would like to build an integral garage (6ft wide and 20ft length) on where my 2 private parking spaces ( 6ft wide and 26th length). There will still be enough space to park a 2nd car. See the pictures attached (it’s where the black Peugeot is parked). Can you please tell me roughly how much it would cost? Do I need a planning permission? Can you see any reason by looking at the pictures why a planning permission will not be granted?

The garage should be built in such a way that it can in future easily be converted into a living space – possibly extend my living room, create a dinning room and possible a utility room. Do I need only a build reg instead of planning permission to do this?

I also at some point in the future (most likely in 3 years time) build on top of the garage to create a 4th bedroom with a loft and also extend our upstairs bathroom.

I appreciate I am asking a lot of question here but will appreciate any answers, suggestion, advice. I also understand that it's really hard to give an estimate without physically seeing the property or the plans.

Many Thanks

Here is the link for the pictures

//network.diynot.com/njies01/albums/

Sponsored Links
you will require building reg's AND planning permission.

i would be inclined to build the garage plus room above in one go, saving you the hassle of putting a roof on twice. ;)

Thanks Noseall,

Not sure I can afford to build the whole lot in one go as cost is likely to be in £1000s.

I was hoping to build the garage now which I hope wouldn't cost as much????

Can't I get the builder to put a flat concrete roof with drains for now and when I can afford to build the 4th bedroom - simply build on top of the garage.

Judging by the pictures, can you see planning permission easily granted for the garage and later on (3 years) for the extra bedroom

Sponsored Links
Nose, have you noticed that you're both posting from the same area? You could get a job out of this, don't go talking the price down :LOL:

Haha very funny Deluks :D

I don't mind nose giving me a reasonable quote any time or even doing the whole build for me.

Nose - I am not really sure - this is one of those question how loong is a string of rope LOL :LOL:

I have seen quotes ranging from couple of grand to infinity - guess it all depends on the size & complexibility of the project??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back