Mortgage Rates!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just applied to renew my mortgage as the fix rate is up very soon,, best my man could get me was a 2yr fixed @ 6.09% with the Abby with nearly £1000 fees...

So thought Id see if we can all compare deals we have just got or being offered as I know there are a lot who are renewing about now !!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
remember the hsbc promise to match any existing fixed rate?...

what they neglected to say was that their 'setup fee' depends on how much you want to borrow and what your existing rate is..

so go and have fun with their 'rate matcher'

Then do you own calculations and work out whether an extra 1% over 2 years covers their increased 'fee'... ;)

It's all a con now, and the banks are cashing in on the 'credit crunch'...although if truth be told, since we are running out of resources, money is just another scarce commodity!!

0.0% From nationwide on the quid i have owed for past ten years. Looks like scary times ahead for some off ya/
Look on bright side gasman65 arrangement fee is less than gettin the dog fixed :eek:

Paid off all apart from £1 that way they look after your deeds for nothing. It was a stipulation from the mrs before i started working for myself. And the beauty of it is if i want to be a lazy bassa she cant moan at me to get out to work we have a mortgage to pay. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

4.99 fixed for 2 years with HSBC. A whacking £1499 fee for that up front. This deal came out before they announced the rate match deal. The deal was live for 4 days then got pulled.

Starting to think I got pushed into a corner as I was with the Rock and they have charged me for moving my mortgage (£250) even though they have advised that they are by no way competative (after my fixed rate had expired). So in actual fact the Rock going t1ts up has cost me an extra £1750 (well not yet as I'm still waiting for the paperwork to go through) :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back