Setting Fence Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm about to crack on erecting a 6ft tall fence and I've got a question about how to set the posts in - to postcrete, or not to postcrete?

I'm going to have to do a fair bit of fencing (about 130 ft), so I don't want to have to mix concrete by hand (... well, spade), so this leaves either postcrete or hiring a mixer. Postcrete is a smidge more expensive, but once Ive hired a mixer for the concrete I think postcrete will be the cheaper alternative.

But is postcrete as strong as concrete? I live in a VERY windy area and I dont want wobbly fence posts in 12 months time.

Cheers,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Yes, but it comes down to how good a hole you have! Dig it deep but narrow, slightly flared at the base. If you wish to have 6' above ground make sure you have 2' below. Haunch the concrete up around the base so water doesn't puddle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back