Pull and slide patio door problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after a little help with my patio door. First off i'm trying to find the proper name for it. You pull the door towards you and then slide it to open.

I'm after some spares for it as its starting to have problems locating when you shut it. I'll add some pictures to try and help describe it.

When you slide it shut, it has a locating pin that collapses the hinges and the bottom of the door closes to the frame, then you push the top to the frame then push the handle down to lock it. The locating pin seems to be hitting the top of the stopper and not locating in it. Still with me? I found a small broken collar that i think sits around the pivot pushing the pin closer to the locator. Because it has broken and fallen out the locator pin is not lining up. The only way i can see of fixing this is a whole new slide/hinge/locator hardware on the bottom of the door.

I suppose i'm really after the name for the style of door, or if i can even get spares for it. I really can't afford a new door at the minute.

Heres some pictures>

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it looks like the old HKS type gearing take a photo from in side it may help to identify,the hks 100 has plastic covers the same size as the trim on the bottom of the door leaf. the hks 150 has plastic covers that cover the bottom gearing then come up the door approx 3 inches.
you will find tracking spares a little difficult I know the hks 100 is now obsolete. you should also find the gearing around the door has a manufactures mark ie Gu or Si that kind of thing.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the photos its an hks 100 the definitive identifying point is the bottom bogies and as i said previous the end caps to the gearing are the same size as the cover if you look on mila,s site the hks 160 etc have a totally different type of bogie ( track and wheel assembly) part no 20

photograph the broken section we may have a few parts left over in our stores from when we used the hks 100 I cannot guarantee but will look.

if you up grade to the Hks 150 etc you will have to change the whole gearing tracks etc they are also very expensive,we have gone back to fabricating traditional sliders due to the cost of the gearing. unless customer insists on tilt and slide.

The bit i marked as 'pivot' seems to have had a metal band/washer around it and made it wider. We found it on the floor looks worn and broken. Without it, the bracket with the pin on is further away from the frame and is now hitting the top of the locator. I suppose the only way to fix it is to replace that whole hinge/bogey section and a new locator. May end up having to bodge something untill i can afford a new door. I'll try and get a photo of the band/washer thing tomorrow.

Thanks for your help so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back