open vented system heating ok no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
an open vent system is heating rads but not the hot water and there is very little hot water flow at taps i have turned cylinder stat to 60 but still no action if i switch of boiler i can hear pump go off and then when i switch it back on a little heat to one leg on cylinder ei. flow then it stops again. the cylinder is a box type whith integral f.and expans. and cold storage. any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an Elson tank, does it have a big brass valve below it with a plastic cap on it(cyltrol) ?

wiggikins";p="885538 said:
Sounds like an Elson tank, does it have a big brass valve below it with a plastic cap on it(cyltrol) ?
you dont mean the the electric heater do you wiggi

Sponsored Links
No , I mean a valve , normally on the return pipework or can be attached directly onto bottom of tank.

there is a valve but it has no plastic top anymore it,s for hot water i think

if i,m correct this is one of those air pocket in the cylinder systems cant remember the name. the air pocket separates the haeting from the dhw the problem could be with that part :idea:
bye the way the backbioler is baxi and i think it should have a 3 port valve am i right?

if i,m correct this is one of those air pocket in the cylinder systems cant remember the name. the air pocket separates the haeting from the dhw the problem could be with that part :idea:
bye the way the backbioler is baxi and i think it should have a 3 port valve am i right?

Newgas you are a joke what the hell are you doing gas and heating for you are a cowboy you should go back to your 2 week plumbing course and get your money back you havent got a clue :mad:

sounds like an Elson.
the primatic part (locally known as the witches hat) has a blockage on its feed pipe. with difficulty & a wet arm this can generally be cleared. if not there is a temporary way to get it to work before renewing it (but i cannot premote how to do that on this site).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back