DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Ultracom 38 CXi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBurner

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote

I read on the Glow Worm site that the Ultracom 38 CXi can have an outside sensor. I think this means for outside weather compensation. The installation manual mentions little of this and does not show how to connect one. Does anyone know of this sensor? I also want a remote timer. May the boiler facia mounted timer be move to another room? What do people think of the Ultracom 38 CXi? It looks like a Vaillant inside and they own Glow Worm.

Thanks.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
snb

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote

yes the outside sensor does vary the temp of the heating. connection is only 1 cable. instructions are with the outside compensator
 Alert Moderators
BigBurner

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote

snb wrote:
yes the outside sensor does vary the temp of the heating. connection is only 1 cable. instructions are with the outside compensator

Thanks. Does the sensor instructions tell you how to set up the weather compensation curve? or is this pre-set in the boiler? I have never come across a weather compensator that cannot have the curve set.

With a little more looking and downloading, I saw that a thermostat/programmer can be bought that matches the CXi control system and modulates the burner accordingly and it looks simple to fit. If it modulates the burner then this must be a "senor", not a switching stat, sending data to the boiler which it uses to then to calculate and modulate the burner.

I did a search on this forum on the CXi and problems on earlier model have had mods so it is now a sound boiler.

Any opinions on the CXI?
 Alert Moderators
gas4you

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote

I fitted my first one this week. Several niggles that were worse than the Vaillant, but several things that seemed better, allowing for the fact I know the Vaillants inside out and don't the Glow Worm icon_rolleyes.gif

All in all I think it's ok for the price. I shall be specifying more as I can offer the customer a better deal on them.
 Alert Moderators
cozzmic

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Yep the Ultracom CXI's seem to be ok, have installed quite a few and had one which had a twisted o-ring in the divertor valve and another where the exp vessel was not charged but other than that they produce the goods.
 Alert Moderators
BigBurner

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. Is the CXi quiet? I am looking at the 38 kilowatt model.

It ticks a lot of boxes.
 Alert Moderators
cozzmic

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Yes they are pretty quite better that some and not others. I hav'nt done the 38 only the 30's but should be ok. On heating only it is whisper quite.
 Alert Moderators
BigBurner

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote

cozzmic wrote:
Yes they are pretty quite better that some and not others. I hav'nt done the 38 only the 30's but should be ok. On heating only it is whisper quite.

This is to go in the loft. Never done a loft combi before. I believe it needs: a light, boarding and a shoot down ladder. Anything else?

I fitted a HXi about 3 years ago. I see the Ultracom appears to be this range with just the Ultracom word used. Is that so?

The vented Ultracom can have an Climapro Programmable Room stat fitted by having another (extra?) board fitted. The Climapro Programmable Room stat modulates the burner. I wonder if that can also be the case with the older HXIs?
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: