"K" glass markings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted three new windows into my new extension, all have Pilkington K glass. All of the glazed units had the Pilkington sticker on them telling you which side should face into the room, but I can't see any other markings to confirm that it is low-E glass. Should there be any, if so, where? I don't want any aggro when the BCO comes round!

Sponsored Links
Some are marked on the beading between the panes with Heatguard or similar. The glass also has a slight tint to it & the experienced can spot this but a BCO probably won’t fall into that category! :LOL: You could wait until you we get chilly, damp autumn mornings again & invite the BCO around to see the condensation on the outside of the windows; a strange quirk of K glass! :eek:

Have you not got/can’t get a manufacturers invoice which states what glass it is? If they are new windows, you probably won’t have a problem as most manufactures now only supply windows with low ‘e’ glass. No saying your BCO will do the same but when I cut a new opening & fitted a small window to an existing wall in an office, the BCO was only interested in the lintel, didn’t even ask about the glass; with hindsight, perhaps you should have left the stickers on! ;)

Some bc officers are cute and I dont mean good looking :LOL:

they carry a small hand held tester in their pocket that when held up to the glass tells them if its low e . they test and half the time you are not even aware they have done it.

Some bc officers are cute and I dont mean good looking :LOL:

they carry a small hand held tester in their pocket that when held up to the glass tells them if its low e . they test and half the time you are not even aware they have done it.
Your not a BCO are you :eek:

Sponsored Links
No I am not a building control officer. :rolleyes: but deal with them on a regular basis. and got quite friendly with a few local ones due to amount of contact. wouldn't mind getting friendly with garys BCO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back