Corsa Electric Power Steering (EPS)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've figured out that we need to replace the EPS unit on my sons Corsa. I have sourced a supply only and was wandering how difficult is it to fit? Is it a bolt-on-and-go unit, or are there more complications regarding the steering column? :confused:

Hope someone can help :)

Sponsored Links
Can I add that the Corsa is "S" reg 1998 and not a more modern one that has the power steering connected to the computer systems. The unit seems to fit under the steering wheel, has anyone carried out this replacement as it seems a fairly common failure.

Corsa B's such as your son's have Electric power steering and the motor is an integral part of the steering column so you need to replace the whole column. It's not difficult, however.

It is more of a common problem on Corsa C's i.e 2001-2006 and the VX dealership I work for have replaced hundreds of these.

Corsa B's such as your son's have Electric power steering and the motor is an integral part of the steering column so you need to replace the whole column. It's not difficult, however.

It is more of a common problem on Corsa C's i.e 2001-2006 and the VX dealership I work for have replaced hundreds of these.

Don't know if there is a recall on some of them, but the '07 reg Corsa I use for work got sent to the menders. Funny thing is, the replacement '57 reg vehicle has worse steering characteristics than the one that was returned :confused:

Sponsored Links
if it was the new one it would have been pretty easy two step kinda job, but because you'd have to fiddle and there are a lot of gadgets going through your steering column i'd probably recommend paying to get it fixed.
a decent mechanic will charge you about £50 an hour + parts, if you tke the part to him however it'll probly take him about half an hour, 45 minutes....

Back