Mixing Ariel Cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The issue I have is that the Hi Fi signal in my lounge is not very good, I have got ot connected to a 2 outlet patrease TV + FM. My question is: Can you run the FM signal down the same cable as the TV?
I currently only have one cable going to the outlet.

I do have a FM Ariel and TV Ariel on my roof, I could run the signals via a Y type splitter?

Your thoughts

Phill

Sponsored Links
The wall plate is likely a diplexer - Accepting both FM and UHF on the same aerial coax. However, you do need to fix the FM and UHF before sending it down the coax. To do this, use a diplexor in reverse.

Item A88945 is what you need to combine - HERE

Most 'tv' boosters in lofts also have an FM input.

Sponsored Links
If someone's gone to the trouble of the plate and the two aerials i'd check if there is a masthead splitter first.

From the link in the previous post you'll see a greeen box, you should somewhere have something like that with one cable going in (from the aerial points) with two cables coming out, one to FM one to TV aerial, it'll be either in the loft or by one of the aerials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back