Loose monoblock mixer tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a monoblock tap in the kitchen which is quite loose. Looking underneath two copper pipes emerge from a hole in the worktop and join the water system. There is also a hexagonal rod about three cm in length which turns easily in both directions for a long as I care to try.

Any suggestions as to how I can tighten the tap and please my wife all in one go?

Sponsored Links
dont know about the tap (I'm a gas man) but I may be able to help please your wife :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The link is not showing the spanner, have been looking for one of these can you give a better link, or more description?

Sponsored Links
Go to same site and type in "box spanner" in the search box. ..

Double Ended, Manufactured From High Quality Carbon Steel, Zinc Plated For Corrosion Protection. Sets Include Tommy Bars. Display Packed.contents: 8 X 9, 10 X 11, 12 X 13, 14 X 15, 16 X 17 And 18 X 19mm, With Two Tommy Bars 100mm And 150mm Long.manufactured In Accordance With Bs2558 Specification..

Saw similar in B&Q today (plumbing section and advertised for monobloc taps) and have seen in Plumb Centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back