Fluidmaster bottom-entry valves - how do they work?

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

On the picture you posted, just above the white nut at the bottom there is 4 slots.

The water comes in through there, so once the cistern has started filling this part is under water and therefore eliminates almost all the sound of filling.

These valves are excellent and whenever I am chaing a filling valve almost always recommend one of these.

Hope this helps
Rico

Thanks, I thought that might be the case but none of the Fluidmaster or pages on sites like Screwfix actually said that!

My next problem is working out whether my syphon will get in the way of the float. My water enters the cistern on the same side as the flush handle for the syphon, so the syphon mechanism is just where the Fluidmaster float would need to go. I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Why dont you get the whole Fluidmaster kit.

This comes with, botton fill valve and flapper flush valve.

A flapper is much more efficent, no real parts to go wrong, can be adjusted by hand to increase/decrease amount of water flushed, and is the easiest thing to handle flush, they can even be bought with push buttons if that it what you have.

Rico

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back