Dog vs New grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. In about a months time I plan to to lay turf on my garden. Only thing that worries me is that I have a dog. Will her urinating on it cause a problem?

She is a small dog and while the turf is still new I will be watering down everywhere she goes with a watering can (or maybe even kicking her out into the front garden).

So will there be a problem longterm? If so is there anything I can buy to help this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
keep kids / dogs / anything off the grass for 4-6 weeks. full stop.

B1tch p1ss kills even established grass so try and discourage her or be prepared to follow her round with a watering can and occasionally re-seed small patches that you miss

After reading the subject line, my fiver's on the dog ;)

you could try training her to wee on a patch of ground you keep for that purpose, and digging it over frequently. However dogs are fairly stupid so it may not work.

Sponsored Links
shaun - give the dog Green-Um tablets, designed to prevent the pee damaging the grass. See my reply to Lawn Help posting by steveb1964 for supply.

If you can train the mutt to use a dogbog area in the garden then great, but there's no guarantee it'll use it everytime.

shaun - give the dog Green-Um tablets, designed to prevent the pee damaging the grass. See my reply to Lawn Help posting by steveb1964 for supply.

If you can train the mutt to use a dogbog area in the garden then great, but there's no guarantee it'll use it everytime.

Thanks, I will look into this :D

I wont be trying to train the dog at all, it will be easier to returf every other year :D. I am not fussed about discolored patches here and there but would not be happy with dead patches thats all.

Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back