fence posts- advice on installation idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi My fence is a mess and falling down and I managed to get some of these panels http://www.premiersheds.co.uk/fence/fence/html/milano.htm

reduced from my local garden centre rencently luckily.

I much prefer an all wood fence but as I am not getting any younger I thought it may be best to buy concrete slotted posts for this fence and suffer the concrete posts rather than have to renew wood posts in 5 years plus.

I had considered Metposts but have read many things against them so I went off them even though they would allow me to use wood posts as I would like.

I then came across concrete repair spurs and found a whole new fence done this way up the road from me. I fancy this idea. I know they are meant for repair jobs on rotten posts but would it be ok as an installation job for the whole fence (My garden is about 130' long), ie how strong is this method and is there anything I should consider?

My neighbour says she is not bothered as most of the fence is behind shrubbery etc and she does not mind seeing it anyway if it's neat and new. Obviously what I am wanting to do is put the concrete spurs on the neighbours side so that all you see from my side is wood.

Seems to me this would give me the strength of concrete posts and give me any easy change system for the wooden posts not that they would rot very quickly either as I would leave a 1" or 2 gap between the post bottom and the ground.

What do you lot think, good idea or any problems?

Sponsored Links
Perfectly sensible idea, although the convention (at least, around here) is to have the concrete spurs on your own side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back