radiator in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been asked to quote for a rad in a conservatory ( new build), my only concern is,,,,
is there some reason why all the conservatories i see have electric wall heaters...

Sponsored Links
probabley cause they can't fit a zone valve to it and a seperate wall stat

Heating for a conservatory must be controlled totally independently of the other source of heting in a property, hence the electric heaters.

Other options would be to have an indepent room stat and zone valve, creating a seperatly controlled zone for the conservatory.

HI

reasons for not having RADS in the cons..
1.difficult to run the pipes
2.having to turn full system just to heat a rad in the cons..
3.ugly sights of the pipework

Sponsored Links
i put a rad in one a few weeks ago and was alot bigger job than i first thought.

main problem was gettin pipes through wall into it as customer had woodflooring. they were surface aswell(wouldnt want that in my house)

i wouldnt see a problem if you can get under floors.

thats why you can't see a problem then.
if you zoned it you'll have to run all the pipework back etc.

I normally suggest a wall hung Smiths fan convector. We bring F+R through the 1st floor void to adjacent the heater.

As the heater has its own controls it can be said that it is separate.

We are doing a job at the moment were we are converting two to radio control as part of a whole house BMS.

i had not heard of having to zone a rad in a conservatory.....only 2 yrs ago had bc round re mine and he said aslong as trv'd then ok ?

how does one keep up, when ur a 1 band man, with no head office to keep u informed of all the changes !!

Trade press, not gas installer, as this appears to have little to do with domestic gas these days :rolleyes:

Forums such as this, or join THESE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back