ADT alarm fault code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
new here so this may be a stupid request. :oops:
Recently bought new house with a wireless ADT alarm. Managed to knock the wireless sensor whilst decorating and now have a code on the keypad. Anyway of clearing this? Have called ADT and they said an engineer needs to come and clear it and relieve me of £90.00 in the process.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Hi
new here so this may be a stupid request. :oops:
Recently bought new house with a wireless ADT alarm. Managed to knock the wireless sensor whilst decorating and now have a code on the keypad. Anyway of clearing this? Have called ADT and they said an engineer needs to come and clear it and relieve me of £90.00 in the process.

TIA.

take it out and fit something else instead - the chances are the person who sold you the house had taken advantage of a lease/buy deal and the kits not even theirs to sell

Sponsored Links
oh dear :cry:

That means it has signalling.

alarm compaies use "Remote reset" to stop people from reseting their alarms unless their is a valid reason for it going off.

Alarm companies have their own seed code, this seed code means the only anti code that will reset your alarm will be from that alarm company (ADT in your case)

short of defaulting the engineers code and reprogarrming it there is little you can do.

it may also be a case of ADT own the equipment, this means should a part fail it gets changed FOC if ADT own it tell them to come and collect it.

Probably not Mr Barsteward.
By the time you remove and replace an police response intruder alarm £99 will definetly be cheaper. They wont own the equipment (unlikly) so cant reprogram it.

Or is it not used and not paid for anymore?

just short the panel out (not that i told you that) then when the panel and keypad come back on the user code will be 1234 press ent then go to option 42 ent users ent press b button until you come to master (23) then press ent pin ent then put in a four digit pin of your choice press ent then esc esc until your back at adt logo job done if you need any more help leave a contact number and i will talk you through

wont work.

a galaxy is supposed to come back in the last state it was in. and since it was in alarm previously it should go backinto alarm and as it has remote reset............

how ever. the OP has probably done sonething by now, he only asked 3 months ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back