Bath lengths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We intend replacing our bath which is 1675mm but a lot are advertised as 1700, will I need to shop around for a 1675mm or do 1700mm actually come as 1675mm?

Sponsored Links
Your existing bath is probably 1700mm long and will most likely have been "chopped into the wall" at one end!

But I can see each end clearly and measure without any problem, also I have seen 1675mm baths on the net.

If you measure your bath again I bet you will find it is 5 foot 6 inches long.

Sponsored Links
Yes its 5ft 6" so are you saying a 1700mm will be fine? (you can tell I'm female can't you!)

it will be a bit longer, by about an inch, but there are manufacturing variations. Does the old bath touch the wall at both ends?

If so, what are the walls made of? Are they tiled? Are you planning to re-tile after you fit the new bath? Have you decided whether to get acrylic, steel or iron?

It is possible to do something about it but it is a bit tiresome.

The old bath touches both walls, one is the outside brick wall, the other a stud wall. Its tiled to the bath at the moment but we plan to retile and want an acrylic shower bath.

Are Trojan a recommended brand? are they good quality baths and have a good warranty?

on the brick wall you can chip off the plaster to rebate the end of the bath by 12mm or so, and tile over it

the stud wall it is possible to cut a slot in but not very satisfactory.

I did mine by planing down the studs :eek: and putting on waterproof ply but I still had to slot it and am not very pleased with the result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back