Indesit WD12s faulty PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As covered in previous topics, the dial keeps clicking with 8 LED flashes on my Indescit WD12s.

This happens on all the programmes after the powder tray has filled, then it sounds as if the water pump is running to drain, although at this stage I would have thought there is little to drain away.....

I have checked all the electrical connections short of cutting back the heater element cables and re-terminating, and have reseated the pcb plugs too.

I'm thinking pcb at this stage due to the drain sequence out of sync, and previous posts.

Can anyone shed and light on this and advise what would a typical price would be for a new pcb.

many thanks

Paul Blit

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The problem is intermittent, more u/s than not but the motor spins ok and all works normal on a lucky run.

Cheers PB

I suggest you check them anyway as they are a lot cheaper than a circuit board.

Sponsored Links
Strange these snags, especially on washing machines when you don't have the parts at hand to check.

I tried disconnecting the thermostat and heating element with a daily wash at 0 degrees c. The fault was the same, so I reconnected them and rechecked the PCB plugs.

Now its working, and the motor is turning as normal so I think they are ok thanks. I'm guessing this is a lucky run which may wash the clothes I put in earlier when I was fooled into thinking I'd cured the problem earlier by checking connections.

I'll keep you posted.....

After 4 washes, the fault returned. With a reset carried out then a bang above the door area, it has now completed 2 normal washes.....

Is the pressure switch the round item with a tube attached, and a diaphram that moves then you disconnect the pipe and blow into it?

The strange thing is the first attempt today filled the powder tray then, immediately started rotating the programme knob, with what seemed like a drain function....

Many thanks

8 flashes means heater relay stuck / pressure switch. heater relay which is on the main board.cost about 100.00 quid .you can call indesit cost around 90 including parts and labour

I managed to buy another machine WD12 for £21 so now have a few spares.

Having changed over the pressure switch, it seems to fill up with water a lot more.....

It seems to be working ok at the moment. Will see, but thats to all for the advice and help.

Cheers PB

HI
my wd125 keeps clicking round as well

ive cleaned the filter (a 50p & 2 5p coins now removed)
but it still keeps clicking

the light flashes 13 times - any one know what that means?

thanks

code f13 means dryer fault, remove lid and check fan going round also check for broken wires on themister ,also heater could be open circuit .last thing to check if fluff in fan shoud keep you busy ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back