Foxguard car alarm (on a L.Rover)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) Went to a funeral and the Landie died :LOL:

Have L.R. Disco. V8i fitted with Foxguard radio control system - black box has 2 buttons so think it's model is F1-11P.

Went to drive home and could not take immobilizer off, buttons would not work, alarm light flashing, new battery in black button box. Alarm won't disarm!!! :confused:

Friend bypasted started it with a wire too coil and a wire to starter to get home.

Cheers folks any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Living in the country, i have lots of friends with Land rovers who contantly have problems with the immobilisers!

I have found with 4 seperate vehicles (!!!!) that moving the car 50 yards or so down the road often gets over the problem!

I think there is a problem with the signal from the keyfob being jammed by either wireless internet / underground cables or the likes. I've never managed to find out exactly why it does it, but there are certain hotspots round here where it happens.

One of the chaps i know has sent his defender into land rover a few times to be plugged into their computers and no-one can give him an aswer why.

I have 2 mates (one with a disco, the other has a range rover), who have a 2 year old daugther. The wife (disco driver) goes to pick up the little one from child minders and has to park just down the road from where she usually does. Comes out to start the car and nothing. She calls her other half with the RR who comes to have a look, parks behind her, turns the car off to have a look at the disco. When he can't see whats wrong he decides to tow her home. Jumps in the RR and nothing! Wont even turn over. Push the disco down the road a bit, try to start it and away it goes! Same with the RR, push it down the road a bit and it starts.

Definately some weird electrical gremlins going on with the cars, which i can't explain why, but moving them a little seems to work!

:D Thank you very much for the info.! Sounds like the same thing. Met up with friends, after the funeral, at a pub next to some building work. Though it might be something on the building site as there seemed a lot of machinery - pos. computerised.

Live in the wilds of Suffolk, very little up here to interfere with the alarm, funeral was in N.E. London. Do you and your mates have the standard L.R. alarm or the added on Foxguard?

The motor has lots of wires hanging out of the alarm system at the moment :LOL: Though I had better check which type of alarm you had before suggesting the wiring went back as it was :LOL:

Good to hear from you - many thanks for taking the trouble :) Will wait to hear back from you re. which model.

P.S. noticed you have London next to your name so perhaps you commute.

All the ones i've seen are the standard fit Landy immobilisers.

Sorry, thought it was standard fit you had (skim reading again!)

Have you changed the batteries in the keyfob?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for having a go at the problem!!! The Foxguard was put in by the previous owner as a add on. Any other ideas welcome. :confused:

Had a suggestion to get round the problem where the alarm is built into the computer. Go to breakers and get an alarm box and fob of an older model and fit that. ;)

Back