upvc door lock - digital replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

Have a upvc door with ordinary cylinder type lock - works fine but I would like to replace it with a digital lock (preferably mechanical) so I'm not locked out if I forget my key.

Is there one that will simply replace the cylinder on the door, keeping all the existing locking mechanism, and is weather hardy? If so, where can I get one please?

Sponsored Links
i guess i shopuld say other suppliers of digital locks are available, i have seen loads of that style of lock in shops (for use, not for sale) but i doubt they will be any use for a modern upvc door.

my door for example you have tu turn the handle up first to engage the internal slide bolts, the ones i have seen look more like a "yale lock" in that there is only a bolt that comes out, still its worth asking them.

other idea is to have a neigbour hold a key, or buy one of them fake rocks and put a key in that or even get a key safe, there are external versions that will hold just one key. First time i saw one i had to ask why there is a box on the wall with numbers, thats when they told me its so the security guard does not need to carry keys, he enters the code then takes the key to open the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back