DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Buderus 500 - 24/28/C Boiler hot water issues...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
CypherQ

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote

Firstly a big hello! This is my first post on here, not sure how much I can offer in terms of advice...although as my experience with these things grow...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there can shed a little light on a problem I am having with the above boiler.

We seem to be getting hot water intermitantly - we seem to get plenty of hot water throughout certain times in the day but have noticed, more so on mornings, that the water will run hot for a while and then just run cold... with no further hot water coming through.

However we can run, for example, a bath full of hot water at another point without issue(!).

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing here on the setup etc. I openly admit I am fairly ignorant with regards gas central heating systems (although I learning fairly rapidly at the moment) , and the house we just moved into a couple of weeks back is our first to have GCH (all electric houses before this with night storage etc) - so I guess the fun and bills begin now (!).
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
giblets

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a problem either with the flow rate into your house or the available water supply in the surrounding area. The morning demand on the cold water supply system (when peeps bath/shower) is probably too great for the local pipework.

Have you checked that your mains stopcock is fully open?

What size is the incoming mains pipe and what material is the pipework? How old is the property?

Do any of your neighbours have the same problem?
 Alert Moderators
CypherQ

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...I'll have to do some investigating....

The property was built late 60's, not sure about the specifics of the pipework etc

The stockcock is fully open...
 Alert Moderators
giblets

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote

Can you get an idea of the flow rate from the mains cold water tap on the kitchen sink. Time how long it takes to fill a litre bottle perhaps. Try this at different times of the day.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: