Buderus 500 - 24/28/C Boiler hot water issues...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly a big hello! This is my first post on here, not sure how much I can offer in terms of advice...although as my experience with these things grow...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there can shed a little light on a problem I am having with the above boiler.

We seem to be getting hot water intermitantly - we seem to get plenty of hot water throughout certain times in the day but have noticed, more so on mornings, that the water will run hot for a while and then just run cold... with no further hot water coming through.

However we can run, for example, a bath full of hot water at another point without issue(!).

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing here on the setup etc. I openly admit I am fairly ignorant with regards gas central heating systems (although I learning fairly rapidly at the moment) , and the house we just moved into a couple of weeks back is our first to have GCH (all electric houses before this with night storage etc) - so I guess the fun and bills begin now (!).

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a problem either with the flow rate into your house or the available water supply in the surrounding area. The morning demand on the cold water supply system (when peeps bath/shower) is probably too great for the local pipework.

Have you checked that your mains stopcock is fully open?

What size is the incoming mains pipe and what material is the pipework? How old is the property?

Do any of your neighbours have the same problem?

Thanks for the info...I'll have to do some investigating....

The property was built late 60's, not sure about the specifics of the pipework etc

The stockcock is fully open...

Sponsored Links
Can you get an idea of the flow rate from the mains cold water tap on the kitchen sink. Time how long it takes to fill a litre bottle perhaps. Try this at different times of the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back